7 Ekim 2012 Pazar

Searching for the full moon

To contact us Click HERE
Happy Summer! I took a ride on my motorcycle the other night to Orleans, hoping to see the moon rise over Nauset Beach and take some photo's of it. What a beautiful evening! While I was waiting for that orange ball of light to rise over the Atlantic Ocean,  I took some reference photo's for future paintings. Here are some of the 'extra's'.
This is at the end of Tonset Road, looking across to the sandy spit of land where Henry Beston spent a lot of time before writing his best selling book "The Outermost House" in 1925. (click to enlarge) 
 Looking to the right....

I walked down a bit past this huge rock laid to rest here by glaciers that formed Cape Cod. You can see the size compared to the little row boat. Once I got this far the gnats started biting me and it was time to get back on the bike. There was no way I could hang out there until the moon rose while getting bitten. 
So I headed off  along the coast on Rt. 28 to the Harwich/Chatham line- to a little town landing on Round Cove. This is always a beautiful spot to go to. I thought maybe by the time I got there the moon might be up, but no- not yet. 
It was getting dark and I don't like to ride in the dark (for many reasons- all having to do with safety) so I headed home and about a mile from my house I pulled into a pond parking lot and there it was! 

That beautiful full moon rising up. Watching the full moon rise is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm glad I got to see it this month. There is another full moon on Aug. 31st so don't forget to look up in the sky. Hopefully it will be a clear night for all of us.

















Orleans on Dwellable

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder